TOR stands for onion router . It enables online anonymity, composed of client software and a network of servers, which can mask information about user’s location and other factors which might identify them. Using this system makes it more difficult to trace Internet traffic to the user, including the visits to websites, online posts, instant messages and other communication forms. It is intended to protect the user’s personal freedom, privacy and ability to conduct confidential business by keeping their Internet activities from being monitored. TOR is a freeware and can be downloaded free of cost. The network is also free of charges to use.
HOW TO USE TOR
1. Click here to Download TOR browser bundle. It is self-contained executable file that can be run directly from a pendrive. It comes with a copy of the firefox portable browser preconfigured, and allows the users to establish a secure encrypted connection easily and quickly.
2. After downloading the TOR browser bundle, you need to extract the file. To launch TOR, you need to double click on ‘Start Tor Browser‘.
3. As soon asyou click on the ‘Start TOR Browser’ icon, the Vidalia Control Panel opens. As soon as a secure Tor circuit has been established, a new Mozilla Firefox browser window automatically opens.
4. Once Mozilla Firefox launches, it shows that the secure TOR circuit has been established, and you can start browsing the Internet securely and anonymously.
5. Now let’s test the TOR circuit by opening www.whatismyipaddress.com to check whether the connection is anonymous or not.
6. The problem with TOR bundle is that it only works with portable Firefox browser. If you simultaneously open both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and connect to www.whatismyipaddress.com, then you will get two different IP address and two different locations in two different browsers at the same time.
7. If you want to know whether TOR is working or not, you can visit check.torproject.org/ and it will tell you whether TOR is running or not.
Share for more stuffs..!!
Like us on facebook Grey hat hackers
NOTE: This is for educational purpose only we are not responsible for any type of inconvenience caused by reader.